Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Fri May 13, 2011
By Maggie Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL – Cities across Alabama are beginning to pick up the pieces to start and rebuild after April's tornados wiped out neighborhoods and left hundreds homeless. One of the hardest hit city's was Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama. Mayor Walt Maddox has already created a task force to head up reconstruction of the city, but many are concerned about the changes ahead. Alabama Public Radio's Maggie Martin takes a look at the concerns local residents have.