Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Tue November 5, 2013
Races For Governors, Mayors Highlight Election Day
Originally published on Tue November 5, 2013 4:36 am
It's Election Day for many communities across the country. Renee Montagne talks to NPR Senior Washington Editor Ron Elving, who rounds up the election prospects. Two states will choose governors, several cities will elect mayors, and in many regions, ballot initiatives will determine how communities function.