Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Alabama Power Rates
Tue November 6, 2012
PSC: Alabama Power Rates To Remain Flat In 2013
An official with Alabama Power Co. said accounting procedures approved by the state's utility regulatory board will allow rates to remain the same through 2013.
The Public Service Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to allow Alabama Power to spread out some costs over several years, including complying with federal mandates for enhanced security at the Farley Nuclear Plant.
Alabama Power vice president Nick Sellers said that should keep rates flat during the coming year.
The vote came on the same day that PSC President Lucy Baxley and Commissioner Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh faced off in the race for PSC president. If Baxley wins, she will serve another four-year term. If Cavanaugh wins, she will move up to the presidency Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.