Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue September 28, 2004
Prosecutor Won't Pursue Another Sentence
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – U-S Attorney Alice Martin says she will not seek more prison time for former HealthSouth executive Emery Harris. Harris had been ordered to undergo a second sentencing. He has already served five months in prison and is currently serving five more months of house arrest. Martin's revelation followed a recent decision from the Eleventh U-S Circuit Court of Appeals. It ruled that a judge overestimated the amount of money Harris cost investors in HealthSouth's accounting scandal.