Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri January 14, 2005
Power Company Studies Possible Nuclear Sites
By Alabama Public Radio
Atlanta, GA – Southern Company has asked the U-S Department of Energy to help pay for a study. It would determine possible sites for a new nuclear power plant. The company applied for 245 thousand dollars late last year. Southern Company already operates three nuclear plants within its four-state territory. Two are in Georgia. The other is in Dothan. If the funding is approved, Southern Company could complete its study by March. The company also will examine potential new sites for a plant but will consider the possibility of building plants on existing sites, as well.