Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Postcards from Cuba
Wed April 7, 2010
"Postcard from Cuba" Getting there...
Havana, Cuba – Say the name Cuba, and your grandparents may remember the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 1960's, while your parents may talk about the Mariel boatlift in the 1980's. Some University of Alabama students are making memories of their own while studying in Havana. Alabama Public Radio gave these students audio recorders so they could share their experiences with you. Mary Heard has our first "Postcard from Cuba," with some thoughts about the trip from Miami to Havana.