Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Postcards from Cuba
Wed April 7, 2010
"Postcard from Cuba" Getting there...
Havana, Cuba – Say the name Cuba, and your grandparents may remember the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 1960's, while your parents may talk about the Mariel boatlift in the 1980's. Some University of Alabama students are making memories of their own while studying in Havana. Alabama Public Radio gave these students audio recorders so they could share their experiences with you. Mary Heard has our first "Postcard from Cuba," with some thoughts about the trip from Miami to Havana.