Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Thu October 25, 2012
The Politicians In Opera Puzzler
Originally published on Wed October 24, 2012 11:35 am
As the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch, with binders, bayonets and a profusion of political ads, perhaps it's time to step back from the election hubbub. Instead of fumbling for your smartphone to decipher the latest poll results, put on your thinking cap and focus on the famous (and infamous) politicians in opera.
Below is a gallery of monarchs, senators and presidents, all of whom have their diva moments onstage. Your job: Listen to the music clip containing a famous operatic politician, then drag the clip to the appropriate image (where the officeholder's name is revealed along with the name of the opera he or she appears in). Get them all right and control the Electoral College. Get them wrong and you'll have to make other plans for Inauguration Day.