Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Arts & Life
Thu October 25, 2012
The Politicians In Opera Puzzler
Originally published on Wed October 24, 2012 11:35 am
As the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch, with binders, bayonets and a profusion of political ads, perhaps it's time to step back from the election hubbub. Instead of fumbling for your smartphone to decipher the latest poll results, put on your thinking cap and focus on the famous (and infamous) politicians in opera.
Below is a gallery of monarchs, senators and presidents, all of whom have their diva moments onstage. Your job: Listen to the music clip containing a famous operatic politician, then drag the clip to the appropriate image (where the officeholder's name is revealed along with the name of the opera he or she appears in). Get them all right and control the Electoral College. Get them wrong and you'll have to make other plans for Inauguration Day.