Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Thu October 25, 2012
The Politicians In Opera Puzzler
Originally published on Wed October 24, 2012 11:35 am
As the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch, with binders, bayonets and a profusion of political ads, perhaps it's time to step back from the election hubbub. Instead of fumbling for your smartphone to decipher the latest poll results, put on your thinking cap and focus on the famous (and infamous) politicians in opera.
Below is a gallery of monarchs, senators and presidents, all of whom have their diva moments onstage. Your job: Listen to the music clip containing a famous operatic politician, then drag the clip to the appropriate image (where the officeholder's name is revealed along with the name of the opera he or she appears in). Get them all right and control the Electoral College. Get them wrong and you'll have to make other plans for Inauguration Day.