Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Business & Education
Wed March 13, 2013
Plant Expansion to Bring 275 Jobs to Muscle Shoals
The expansion of an Illinois-based lighting company is poised to bring 275 new jobs to their plant in Muscle Shoals.
North American Lighting is planning a $36 million expansion and the Shoals Economic Development Authority agreed Tuesday to allocate $260,000 from its economic development fund toward the project. The Shoals Industrial Development Committee is set to meet Thursday to vote on whether approve the funding.
Shoals Economic Development Authority President Forrest Wright told the TimesDaily of Florence the company did not initially consider the Muscle Shoals plant as a leading contender for expansion, and the news came as a pleasant surprise to local officials.
North American Lighting manufactures headlights and taillights for various automakers and most parts manufactured in Muscle Shoals are used by the Nissan company.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.