Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Business & Education
Wed March 13, 2013
Plant Expansion to Bring 275 Jobs to Muscle Shoals
The expansion of an Illinois-based lighting company is poised to bring 275 new jobs to their plant in Muscle Shoals.
North American Lighting is planning a $36 million expansion and the Shoals Economic Development Authority agreed Tuesday to allocate $260,000 from its economic development fund toward the project. The Shoals Industrial Development Committee is set to meet Thursday to vote on whether approve the funding.
Shoals Economic Development Authority President Forrest Wright told the TimesDaily of Florence the company did not initially consider the Muscle Shoals plant as a leading contender for expansion, and the news came as a pleasant surprise to local officials.
North American Lighting manufactures headlights and taillights for various automakers and most parts manufactured in Muscle Shoals are used by the Nissan company.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.