Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Sat April 19, 2014
A peek at Football season--Alabama and Auburn hold scrimmages
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — It's football season in Alabama, at least for a day. Both Auburn and Alabama are holding their A-Day spring scrimmages Saturday. Alabama plays at 1 p.m., followed by Auburn at 2 p.m. Thousands of fans are expected at both Jordan-Hare Stadium and Bryant-Denny Stadium. While Auburn is charging $5 for non-students, admission is free at the Alabama scrimmage. In Auburn, tailbacks Corey Grant, Cameron Artis-Payne and redshirt freshman Peyton Barber are hoping to shine. It's also the first time Tigers fans get to look at newcomers like junior college transfer receiver D'haquille Williams. Alabama's A-Day game will feature quarterbacks Blake Sims and Cooper Bateman, who both are hoping to replace three-year starter AJ McCarron. The scrimmage could also be a showcase for sophomore tailback Derrick Henry.