Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Around the Nation
Thu July 18, 2013
PayPal Glitch Makes Pa. Man Very Rich
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 6:45 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
For a moment, Chris Reynolds was the world's richest man. The Pennsylvania resident checked his PayPal account, expecting a zero balance. Instead he found a credit of more than $92 quadrillion. That 17-digit figure did revert back to zero when PayPal corrected the glitch. Still, a guy can dream. As to how he would have spent the money, Reynolds said: Payoff the national debt, then maybe buy the Phillies.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.