Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Around the Nation
Fri May 2, 2014
Ohio Teenager Takes His Great-Grandmother To Prom
Originally published on Tue May 6, 2014 10:38 am
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "DOLORES")
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. An Ohio teenager took a special lady to his high school prom: his great-grandmother Dolores. Austin Dennison remembered his Granny DD wasn't able to go to her own prom because her family didn't have enough money. So Austin asked the 89-year-old to be his date, even arranged for a special song to be played at the dance. It was a Frank Sinatra tune his date's late husband used to sing to her: this song, "Dolores." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.