Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 4, 2005
Official State Whiskey No More
By Alabama Public Radio
Troy, AL – Conecuh Ridge is about to lose its designation as Alabama's official whiskey. State Representative Alan Boothe of Troy got the House to pass a resolution Thursday repealing the designation. Boothe says the Senate will likely take the same aciton soon. Boothe got the Legislature to designate the Troy-based liquor as an official Alabama product in 2004. But he says he decided the designation should be removed because of the whiskey-maker's recent legal problems. Kenny May pleaded guilty in Geneva and Houston Counties to charges of illegal alcohol sales.