Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon April 29, 2013
Obama To Fill Transportation Chief Slot
Originally published on Mon April 29, 2013 7:00 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And today, President Obama plans to nominate a new secretary of transportation. Anthony Fox is the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
He's 41 years old and, if confirmed by the Senate, Fox would replace Ray LaHood, the Illinois Republican who's done the job up to now.
MONTAGNE: Anthony Fox does not have a transportation background. He did oversee numerous improvements in infrastructure during his nearly four years as mayor. He's also African-American and his nomination comes at a time when the president's second-term Cabinet is being criticized as less diverse than his first. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.