Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Wed October 9, 2013
NYPD investigates art heist with an Alabama connection
NEW YORK (AP) - The NYPD is investigating after a Norman Rockwell was discovered missing from a Queens storage unit. According to the New York Post, the painting recently sold at auction for $1 million. The 1939 painting was discovered missing last month from Welpark Art Moving and Storage in Ridgewood, Queens. It's titled "Sport" and depicts a man in a row boat wearing a yellow rain jacket and smoking a pipe. The Post says the oil painting was sold by a private collector in Birmingham, Ala., at a Sotheby's auction on May 22. Anyone with information about the missing work is asked to contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.