Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Science & Health
Tue May 13, 2014
NWS Confirms Small Tornado in South Alabama
The National Weather Service is confirming that a small tornado hit south Alabama over the weekend.
A preliminary damage report says an EF1 tornado with winds as strong as 110 mph struck Geneva County on Saturday.
The twister left a path of damage that's more than 2 miles long and 100 yards wide.
Two homes were damaged and the storm knocked down trees, but no one was injured.