Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Fri January 25, 2013
NWS Cancels Winter Weather Advisory for North Ala
Forecasters say the threat of freezing rain is over for most of north Alabama.
Temperatures are well above freezing in the Tennessee Valley, and the National Weather Service has canceled a freezing rain advisory for the region.
Forecasters say light coatings of ice are still possible in the east Alabama counties of Cherokee and Cleburne along the Georgia line. But any problems should be gone by mid-morning Friday.
Dozens of schools delayed opening as a precaution against slippery roads.
Highs are predicted in the mid-40s to the low 60s north in the northern end of the state.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.