Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Science & Health
Wed July 23, 2014
NRC Names New Resident Inspector at Farley Nuclear
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has named a new resident inspector at the Farley Nuclear Plant in southeast Alabama.
Kenneth Miller is taking over the job at the Southern Nuclear Operating plant near Columbia. Miller previously worked as an inspector at TVA's Watts Bar plant in Tennessee.
Each U.S. nuclear plant has at least two resident inspectors, and Miller joins another senior resident inspector at Farley.
Resident inspectors are based in plants to conduct inspections, monitor large projects and provide general government oversight.
Farley is a twin-reactor plant located near the Chattahoochee River in Houston County.
Farley Nuclear Plant
Alabama Power Rates