Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Science & Health
Wed July 23, 2014
NRC Names New Resident Inspector at Farley Nuclear
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has named a new resident inspector at the Farley Nuclear Plant in southeast Alabama.
Kenneth Miller is taking over the job at the Southern Nuclear Operating plant near Columbia. Miller previously worked as an inspector at TVA's Watts Bar plant in Tennessee.
Each U.S. nuclear plant has at least two resident inspectors, and Miller joins another senior resident inspector at Farley.
Resident inspectors are based in plants to conduct inspections, monitor large projects and provide general government oversight.
Farley is a twin-reactor plant located near the Chattahoochee River in Houston County.
Farley Nuclear Plant
Alabama Power Rates