Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Science & Health
Wed July 23, 2014
NRC Names New Resident Inspector at Farley Nuclear
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has named a new resident inspector at the Farley Nuclear Plant in southeast Alabama.
Kenneth Miller is taking over the job at the Southern Nuclear Operating plant near Columbia. Miller previously worked as an inspector at TVA's Watts Bar plant in Tennessee.
Each U.S. nuclear plant has at least two resident inspectors, and Miller joins another senior resident inspector at Farley.
Resident inspectors are based in plants to conduct inspections, monitor large projects and provide general government oversight.
Farley is a twin-reactor plant located near the Chattahoochee River in Houston County.
Farley Nuclear Plant
Alabama Power Rates