Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Tue January 8, 2013
NRA Accepts Biden's Invitation To Meet
"We are sending a rep to hear what they have to say," National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam says of the organization's decision to accept an invitation from the task force Vice President Biden is leading — the group that's studying gun laws and related issues in the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
"On Wednesday, Biden will meet with victims' groups and gun safety organizations, said White House spokesman Jay Carney.
"On Thursday, the vice president will sit down separately with advocates for sportsmen, women, and gun ownership groups — the latter including the NRA."
The NRA, you may recall, has made clear that it opposes any changes to gun laws if they would restrict Americans' ability to buy firearms or such things as the high-capacity ammunition clips.