Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Tue December 16, 2003
No Boeing Plant in Mobile?
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Boeing has scheduled a meeting with its employees in Seattle today, where it is expected to announce it will build a new commercial jetliner plant in Washington state.
This would be disappointing news to Alabama business officials, who were hoping to make Mobile the home of the new 7-E-7 assembly plant. However, a report in the Seattle Times says the facility will be built in Washington state. A Boeing spokesperson declined comment on the issue.
The proposed 7-E-7 Dreamliner would be the company's first all-new plane program since the 7-7-7 began operations in 1990. The programs will create thousands of new jobs.