Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Tue December 16, 2003
No Boeing Plant in Mobile?
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Boeing has scheduled a meeting with its employees in Seattle today, where it is expected to announce it will build a new commercial jetliner plant in Washington state.
This would be disappointing news to Alabama business officials, who were hoping to make Mobile the home of the new 7-E-7 assembly plant. However, a report in the Seattle Times says the facility will be built in Washington state. A Boeing spokesperson declined comment on the issue.
The proposed 7-E-7 Dreamliner would be the company's first all-new plane program since the 7-7-7 began operations in 1990. The programs will create thousands of new jobs.