Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue September 11, 2012
NFL Awarding $1.5 Million In Medical Grants
NFL Charities is awarding more than $1.5 million in grants for sports-related medical research at 15 organizations, with nearly two-thirds of the money going to study concussion prevention and treatment. This year's grants include research on stem cells and nervous system injuries; MRI methods after concussions; and the effect of temperature on the severity of potential brain injuries. The intuitions receiving grants are Washington University, Washington State University, University of Miami, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Pennsylvania State University, Columbia University, University at Buffalo, Ohio State University, University of New Hampshire, University of Minnesota, Brigham & Women's Hospital, University of California, Berkeley, Yale University, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, and Hospital for Special Surgery. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.