Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 14, 2004
New Wheels Plant Set to Open in Auburn
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – A new 24 million dollar wheels plant in Auburn will open to the public Thursday afternoon. Governor Riley will join Auburn city officials and executives with the German-based company, known as ATS, for the grand opening. ATS has already started manufacturing aluminum alloy wheels at the 250-thousand-square-foot-plant in the Auburn Industrial Park. The plant currently has 120 workers...it will eventually employ 325 people. ATS provides wheels to nine auto companies, including General Motors, Volvo and Nissan.