Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed September 10, 2003
New Ten Commandments Display at Capitol
By Associated Press
Mongtomery, AL – A Ten Commandments display put together by Governor Bob Riley opened in an exhibit room at the Capitol. The plaque was praised by some church leaders who support displays of the commandments in government buildings.
Riley had the display built after supporters of a Ten Commandments monument that was removed from the state judicial building presented him with a plaque bearing the commandments last week.
Riley's display at the Capitol included the Ten Commandments among other historical documents. Chief Justice Roy Moore, who was suspended for refusing to comply with a federal court order to remove his commandments monument, says a display like Riley's was unacceptable.