Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Tue January 13, 2004
New Riley Cabinet Member
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley has named Kenneth Wallis as his new legislative affairs director.
Wallis is a former legal adviser to Governor George Wallace, serving on his staff from 1983-to-1987. He also worked for Alfa Insurance-- where he was executive vice president of operations and general counsel and is currently a partner with the Montgomery law firm of Capell and Howard.
Wallis will replace Quentin Riggins in the Cabinet level position. Riggins left to work for the Business Council of Alabama. Wallis will be paid 118-thousand dollars a year, which is more thn the regular Cabinet pay of 76-thousand dollars. A Riley spokesperson says Wallis is being paid more because he is also serving as an attorney for the governor.