Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 13, 2004
New Riley Cabinet Member
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley has named Kenneth Wallis as his new legislative affairs director.
Wallis is a former legal adviser to Governor George Wallace, serving on his staff from 1983-to-1987. He also worked for Alfa Insurance-- where he was executive vice president of operations and general counsel and is currently a partner with the Montgomery law firm of Capell and Howard.
Wallis will replace Quentin Riggins in the Cabinet level position. Riggins left to work for the Business Council of Alabama. Wallis will be paid 118-thousand dollars a year, which is more thn the regular Cabinet pay of 76-thousand dollars. A Riley spokesperson says Wallis is being paid more because he is also serving as an attorney for the governor.