Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue November 26, 2013
New IRS Rules Would Lessen Influence Of Social Welfare Groups
By Tamara Keith
Originally published on Tue November 26, 2013 4:56 pm
The Obama administration is pushing new regulations that will make it harder for so-called "social welfare" tax-exempt groups to influence elections.