Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue November 19, 2013
New Displays Installed At Birmingham Airport
New flight information display boards are now being installed at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport.
12 new display boards have been installed at the airport and nine additional boards will be installed when Concourse C is completed. That area is expected to be finished by next summer.
The airport previously had display information screens that were mounted to the floor when the renovated terminal opened in March.
Just over a week after the terminal opened, one of the display boards fell over and killed 10-year-old Luke Bresette of Overland Park, Kan. The boy's mother and two of his siblings were also injured.
In June, the family filed a lawsuit against a group of contractors who designed and installed the display boards.
Birmigham Airport Accident