Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Wed November 21, 2012
New Director Hired at Anniston Housing Authority
The Anniston Housing Authority is hiring a new executive director to fill a position that's been vacant since June of 2011.
The Anniston Star (http://bit.ly/TfopzA ) reports that Willie "Sonny" McMahand will begin heading the agency on Dec. 3.
McMahand is a 56-year-old native of Greenville, S.C. He has experience working in the public housing system there, in Durham, N.C. and in Charlotte, N.C.
McMahand also worked in Durham until he was laid off in December 2011 because of budget cuts.
McMahand worked in the Durham authority when federal officials designated it as a troubled agency in 2008. McMahand says the organization was on the verge of becoming a high-performing agency when he left.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.