Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
Wed August 20, 2014
New Book Tells Story of Tuscaloosa Tornado
A new book tells the story of the tornado that pummeled Tuscaloosa during the outbreak of April 27, 2011.
Sports Illustrated writer Lars Anderson of Birmingham has written "The Storm and the Tide: Tragedy, Hope and Triumph in Tuscaloosa."
The 240-page book was released Tuesday. It tells the story of the twister that killed more than 50 people in Tuscaloosa and how the University of Alabama football team tried to help the community heal.
The book also details how the twister and its aftermath helped inspire the team to repeat as national champions and win its third national championship in four years.
Dozens of twisters tore through the state during the outbreak of severe weather, killing more than 250 people in all.
Science & Health
Business & Education
APR News Reports