Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 23, 2013
The Motivations of Suicidal Killers: A Conversation With Author Adam Lankford
Mass shootings seem to be on the rise lately. In light of the incident at Sandy Hook Elementary last month, everyone from the president on down to local school systems have been trying to find ways to curb gun violence and prevent such an incident from happening again.
Adam Lankford is an assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama. He also is the author of The Myth of Martyrdom which explores what really drives suicidal killers. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez had a chance to talk with him about his research and the motivations of suicidal killers.