Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed January 23, 2013
The Motivations of Suicidal Killers: A Conversation With Author Adam Lankford
Mass shootings seem to be on the rise lately. In light of the incident at Sandy Hook Elementary last month, everyone from the president on down to local school systems have been trying to find ways to curb gun violence and prevent such an incident from happening again.
Adam Lankford is an assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama. He also is the author of The Myth of Martyrdom which explores what really drives suicidal killers. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez had a chance to talk with him about his research and the motivations of suicidal killers.