Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed January 23, 2013
The Motivations of Suicidal Killers: A Conversation With Author Adam Lankford
Mass shootings seem to be on the rise lately. In light of the incident at Sandy Hook Elementary last month, everyone from the president on down to local school systems have been trying to find ways to curb gun violence and prevent such an incident from happening again.
Adam Lankford is an assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama. He also is the author of The Myth of Martyrdom which explores what really drives suicidal killers. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez had a chance to talk with him about his research and the motivations of suicidal killers.