Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Wed January 23, 2013
The Motivations of Suicidal Killers: A Conversation With Author Adam Lankford
Mass shootings seem to be on the rise lately. In light of the incident at Sandy Hook Elementary last month, everyone from the president on down to local school systems have been trying to find ways to curb gun violence and prevent such an incident from happening again.
Adam Lankford is an assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama. He also is the author of The Myth of Martyrdom which explores what really drives suicidal killers. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez had a chance to talk with him about his research and the motivations of suicidal killers.