Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 22, 2004
Most Drinking Water Systems Operating Normally After Ivan
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Officials say 75 of the more than 100 drinking water systems that were affected by Hurricane Ivan were back in normal operations Tuesday. A report from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management says 15 systems are providing safe drinking water, but they're operating using generators. Another 15 systems are in operation, but they're requiring residents to boil water before using it. The ADEM report also says four systems are still having trouble operating, because of problems such as water main breaks or low pressure. The reports says there are several systems that have NOT reported their status to ADEM as well.