Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 3, 2004
More Witnesses Testify Before Government Corruption Grand Jury
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – More witnesses have appeared before a federal grand jury in Montgomery that's looking into government corruption. The witnesses that testified Monday included present and former officials of Waste Management, a Montgomery lobbyist and a former official of an investment firm that was used by both former Governor Don Siegelman and the state Democratic Party. Steve Culbertson is a former partner in A-F-S Equities in Birmingham. He says he was asked about investments the firm made for the Democratic Party in 1999. He says he was NOT asked about any investments by Siegelman. Montgomery lobbyist Bob Geddie says he was asked to bring some documents to the grand jury, including one check he signed.