Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Mon December 9, 2013
More Rain Headed To Soggy Alabama
Alabama is soggy after a day of heavy rain, and forecasters say more precipitation is on the way.
Rains with a few thunderstorms are predicted for Monday in central Alabama, where some areas have received more than 5 inches of rain in a 24-hour period.
The heaviest rains were in central Alabama. Marengo County received 5.7 inches of rain Sunday, and Calera got 5.5 inches. Bibb County received 4.38 inches of rain.
Forecasters say rain chances are diminishing in southern counties, but showers will continue to the north.
The weather service says there's a chance of sleet and freezing rain in the western Tennessee Valley overnight, but no accumulation is expected.