Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon December 9, 2013
More Rain Headed To Soggy Alabama
Alabama is soggy after a day of heavy rain, and forecasters say more precipitation is on the way.
Rains with a few thunderstorms are predicted for Monday in central Alabama, where some areas have received more than 5 inches of rain in a 24-hour period.
The heaviest rains were in central Alabama. Marengo County received 5.7 inches of rain Sunday, and Calera got 5.5 inches. Bibb County received 4.38 inches of rain.
Forecasters say rain chances are diminishing in southern counties, but showers will continue to the north.
The weather service says there's a chance of sleet and freezing rain in the western Tennessee Valley overnight, but no accumulation is expected.