Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu August 8, 2013
Moody's Places City Of Montgomery Under Review
Moody's Investors Service has placed the city of Montgomery under review for a possible credit rating downgrade.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the city's current Aa2 rating is in jeopardy.
A recent report said the current rating is in jeopardy because of a deteriorated reserve fund, a deficit in funding medical insurance and the city's recent failures to achieve projections established in previous budget plans.
The report also states that reliance on a bank line of credit to fund operations is also a "key reason" for the possible downgrade.
Moody's now plans to evaluate the city's finances during a review period.