Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu August 8, 2013
Moody's Places City Of Montgomery Under Review
Moody's Investors Service has placed the city of Montgomery under review for a possible credit rating downgrade.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the city's current Aa2 rating is in jeopardy.
A recent report said the current rating is in jeopardy because of a deteriorated reserve fund, a deficit in funding medical insurance and the city's recent failures to achieve projections established in previous budget plans.
The report also states that reliance on a bank line of credit to fund operations is also a "key reason" for the possible downgrade.
Moody's now plans to evaluate the city's finances during a review period.