Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Thu August 8, 2013
Moody's Places City Of Montgomery Under Review
Moody's Investors Service has placed the city of Montgomery under review for a possible credit rating downgrade.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the city's current Aa2 rating is in jeopardy.
A recent report said the current rating is in jeopardy because of a deteriorated reserve fund, a deficit in funding medical insurance and the city's recent failures to achieve projections established in previous budget plans.
The report also states that reliance on a bank line of credit to fund operations is also a "key reason" for the possible downgrade.
Moody's now plans to evaluate the city's finances during a review period.