Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu August 8, 2013
Moody's Places City Of Montgomery Under Review
Moody's Investors Service has placed the city of Montgomery under review for a possible credit rating downgrade.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the city's current Aa2 rating is in jeopardy.
A recent report said the current rating is in jeopardy because of a deteriorated reserve fund, a deficit in funding medical insurance and the city's recent failures to achieve projections established in previous budget plans.
The report also states that reliance on a bank line of credit to fund operations is also a "key reason" for the possible downgrade.
Moody's now plans to evaluate the city's finances during a review period.