Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed April 28, 2004
Mobile Talk Show Host Ordered Back on GOP Ballot
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Montgomery County Circuit Judge William Shashy has ordered the Alabama Republican Party to reinstate Christian radio talk show host Kelly McGinley as a political candidate. Shashy ruled McGinley should be on the party's June First primary ballot because the party's rules regarding candidate loyalty are too vague. The G-O-P disqualified McGinley from running for a state school board seat. The party did not give her a reason for the action, but her criticisms of party leadership at the local and national levels played a role. But the judge said the Republican party has not set any rules that would disqualify a candidate for such criticisms.