Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Thu July 25, 2013
Mobile Port Adding Steel Coil Facility
A company is adding a $36 million facility to handle steel coils at the Alabama State Port Authority in Mobile.
Port officials announced the deal with Alabama Steel Terminals on Wednesday. The company is a joint venture between TriState Maritime Services Inc. and the Richardson Group of Companies.
Alabama Steel Terminals will build a 372,600-square-foot warehouse in two phases at the port. It will include both covered and open areas for handling steel coil that's being shipped.
The new barge, rail and truck facility will be built on a ship channel that's 40 feet deep.
The construction phase will create about 100 jobs, and about 50 people will work in the warehouse.