Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 17, 2005
Mobile Gets Two New Business Opportunities
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Governor Bob Riley was in Mobile Monday to talk about the economy. Specifically, he was there to make two announcements about local business developments. According to a written release, the governor first dedicated a site next to the Mobile Regional Airport that will house a new aircraft facility. The parent company of Airbus is relocating its aircraft service and support operations to Mobile. Riley later spoke at the groundbreaking ceremony for Austal USA's new shipbuilding facility. The company is expanding operations in Mobile to build the U-S Navy's Littoral Combat Ship.