Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Fri July 11, 2014
Miranda Lambert And The Soft Side Of Tough
Originally published on Fri July 11, 2014 8:57 am
Miranda Lambert has painted herself as one of country music's bad girls: Whether it's solo or with her trio Pistol Annies, she's got a deep catalog of songs about revenge, guns, cigarettes and beer. But her new album, Platinum, shows a more vulnerable side.
Lambert recently spoke with Morning Edition about writing the song "Bathroom Sink" after a year of tabloid headlines about her weight gain and loss; she also describes the lessons she'd like to communicate to her youngest female fans. Hear more at the audio link.