Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue May 7, 2013
Medicaid Reform Bill Up for Debate Alabama House
The Alabama House will consider a bill that would reorganize the state's Medicaid program.
The bill will be up for final passage in the House of Representative Tuesday.
The bill was recommended by a Medicaid Advisory committee created by Gov. Robert Bentley.
The Medicaid bill will be debated Tuesday with just three days remaining in the 2013 legislative session. The bill replaces the current payment method with the regional care organizations.
The bill would create several Medicaid regional care organizations around the state. There will be no change for nursing home patients or long term care until 2016 under the plan.