Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon June 28, 2004
Martin Says Judge Should Step Aside
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – U.S. Attorney Alice Martin says a judge related to Governor Riley should step aside from handling the government corruption trial of former Governor Don Siegelman. Martin made the statement Wednesday to federal judge Lynwood Smith in a telephone conference call. Siegelman, his former chief of staff Paul Hamrick and Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo are accused of manipulating bids for a state-funded maternity care program.