Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri March 8, 2013
March Re-enactment to End at Alabama Capitol
A group re-enacting the Selma-to-Montgomery voting rights march is scheduled to complete the journey at the state Capitol.
The group began its walk Monday. They are supposed to complete the last leg from west Montgomery to the downtown Capitol about 11 a.m. Friday. They will stand where Martin Luther King Jr. addressed thousands of marchers in 1965.
Events surrounding the 48th anniversary of the march began last weekend with the Bridge Crossing Jubilee in Selma. Vice President Joe Biden and more than 20 U.S senators and representatives attended the events in Selma.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Voting Rights March
Congressional Civil Rights Pilgrimage
Alabama Civil Rights