Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
UA Security Alert
Tue November 6, 2012
Man Arrested After Shooting At 'Bama Frat House
Tuscaloosa police say a man is charged with attempted murder after a shooting at a University of Alabama fraternity house.
Authorities say 61-year-old Eugene Kelly also faces additional charges after the confrontation that occurred Tuesday at Phi Delta Theta.
Police say a man allegedly went to the fraternity house after a dispute with two relatives who work for the organization. A police spokesman says a shot was fired at the fraternity house, but no one was hurt and the alleged gunman left.
No students were involved.
Authorities say a woman was stabbed at a residence off the university campus moments after the shooting. The suspect fled, and police say bystanders held him down after he wrecked his car and tried to jump off a viaduct in the city.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.