Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
UA Security Alert
Tue November 6, 2012
Man Arrested After Shooting At 'Bama Frat House
Tuscaloosa police say a man is charged with attempted murder after a shooting at a University of Alabama fraternity house.
Authorities say 61-year-old Eugene Kelly also faces additional charges after the confrontation that occurred Tuesday at Phi Delta Theta.
Police say a man allegedly went to the fraternity house after a dispute with two relatives who work for the organization. A police spokesman says a shot was fired at the fraternity house, but no one was hurt and the alleged gunman left.
No students were involved.
Authorities say a woman was stabbed at a residence off the university campus moments after the shooting. The suspect fled, and police say bystanders held him down after he wrecked his car and tried to jump off a viaduct in the city.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.