Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Arts & Life
Sun October 2, 2005
Listen to Alabama Life from 10-2-2005
We're talking about stories this week. The StoryCorps project is coming to Alabama in November. Zachary Barr is an advance coordinator for the project. He came by Alabama Public Radio to help us prepare for the StoryCorps Mobile Booth visit, and then he spent a little time in the production studio talking about the project and what it means to you. Storyteller Kathryn Tucker Windham has a few words about the importance of recording those family stories. Plus, we have a look at events from the APR Events Calendar.
Click the MP3 link above to listen to the whole show, or click below for individual segments.
[LISTEN - 11:44]
Zachary Barr from StoryCorps talks to APR's Jason Norris about the national oral history project that's coming to Alabama in November.
[LISTEN - 4:32]
Storyteller Kathryn Tucker Windham has some thoughts about preserving those family stories for future generations.
[LISTEN - 1:46]
Here's a look at the Events Calendar. (And if you're curious to find out what else is happening, click here for the full Events Calendar, including information about submitting your own events.
Alabama Life is a production of Alabama Public Radio - www.APR.org