Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue May 28, 2013
Let's Rush To Judgment: 'Don Jon'
I admire Joseph Gordon-Levitt a lot, both because of his mix of performances in both big movies and little movies and because he made such a good transition from kid actor to adult actor with substantially less awkwardness than most.
Don Jon is his first feature, both as a writer and as a director, and while he seems to have disappeared into the role, it's hard for me to see myself being interested in the story as they're presenting it here. (Tony Danza, though!)
What do you think?