Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon April 15, 2013
Let's Rush To Judgment: 'Catching Fire'
After the huge success of The Hunger Games, both movie and book, it seems like a foregone conclusion that there's enormous pent-up demand for the next chapter of the film adaptation, Catching Fire. This is the book where Katniss' story becomes much more explicitly political, and her status as a revolutionary and a warrior is more fully realized.
It's also, however, where it begins to become clearer that this is a dark story that will have its devastating moments.
But even aside from the now Oscar-blessed Jennifer Lawrence, who can't get into a movie where Philip Seymour Hoffman and Donald Sutherland sit around scheming?
Catching Fire opens November 22.