Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 28, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Thu February 28, 2013 11:04 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business today, is a missing link found. As in sausage.
At Milwaukee Brewer's games, a regular on field promotion is a race between seven-foot-long sausages. We should say people wearing sausage costumes. There a hotdog, a bratwurst, a Polish sausage - you know, you get the idea. So earlier this month, the Italian sausage disappeared.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that sausage was seen bar-hopping. Photos appeared of someone wearing the costume at several local watering holes. And last night, Guido the Sausage was surrendered at a bar. A bartender told the Journal-Sentinel that a couple guys plopped the $3,000 costume on a barstool with the warning: You Did Not See Anything.
It's not clear who, if anyone, will get the reward offered for finding the costume: a year's supply of mustard and sauerkraut.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.