Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu February 14, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri February 15, 2013 12:48 pm
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Our last word in business today is love, marriage and taxes. Just in time for Valentine's Day and tax filing season, the independent Tax Policy Center has updated its online marriage bonus and penalty calculator.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
The new numbers reflect the latest changes in the tax code. Couples considering a walk down the aisle might want to take a look at this before saying I do.
WERTHEIMER: Not that it will change your decision, of course. But at least you'll be aware of the tax implications of matrimony, and have a deeper understanding of your very important in-law - Uncle Sam.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.