Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri August 17, 2012
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 10:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
As in much of the country, it's been a hot summer in the state of Oklahoma, and the heat has forced those without air conditioning to get creative.
Today's last word in business is a Scottish solution.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Mechanics at O'Brien Auto Performance are keeping cool in kilts. From May to October, some employees there don kilts to enjoy a breezier workday.
GREENE: The uniform has its challenges, though, since the mechanic often work underneath cars. Owner David O'Brien told KOTV it is important to keep your knees down and your legs crossed. OK.
Well, that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, NPR from News.
I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.