Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu August 22, 2013
Phyllis Diller's Estate To Be Auction Next Month
Originally published on Thu August 22, 2013 11:43 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: Dress like Diller.
In Beverly Hills, Phyllis Diller's estate will be auctioned off next month.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
On stage, the late comedienne dressed like a disheveled, chain-smoking housewife with freakish hair - and now some lucky bidders can too. The sale will include many of her trademark props: blond fright wigs, feather boas, ankle boots and cigarette holders.
GREENE: Of course, Renee, all of that was just an act. Julien's Auction house says the real Diller had an eye for beautiful antiques and interesting treasures. And those will up for auction as well.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.