Most Active Stories
- Selma 1865-- The First "March to Freedom"
- Selma-- "This is something I'll tell my kids..."
- From Bloody Sunday to a White Wedding
- SPLC response to Supreme Court decision, Alabama charter schools and food insecurity fundraiser
- AL Supreme Court halting same-sex marriages, State of the State address and charter schools
Wed June 20, 2012
Sharp Shows Off 'World's Biggest' LED TV
Originally published on Wed June 20, 2012 7:08 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business is: supersized couch potato.
This week, Japanese electronics maker Sharp unveiled what it's calling the biggest LED TV on the planet. The 90-inch set has WiFi built in and you can buy it with a webcam option. You could, say, Skype with 50 people at once and see all their faces.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Of course, you would need a lot of wall space and a fat wallet. It cost $11,000.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.