Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Around the Nation
Mon November 12, 2012
Judy Garland's Blue Dress From 'Oz' Gets New Owner
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with news from the world of Oz.
(SOUNDBITE OF MOVIE, "THE WIZARD OF OZ")
JUDY GARLAND: (As Dorothy) There's no place like home.
MONTAGNE: There's a new home for the blue dress Judy Garland wore in the movie. We don't know exactly where, though, as it was an anonymous buyer who paid $480,000 for Dorothy's dress at an auction in Beverly Hills. Still, not the over-the-rainbow price paid last year for Marilyn Monroe's billowy white subway dress, which went for four-and-a-half million. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.