Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue September 28, 2004
Judge Dismisses Suit Involving Moore
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Montgomery County Circuit Court Judge Tracy McCooey dismissed a lawsuit against former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore. The suit said Moore should pay the attorneys' fees for the groups that sued to have his Ten Commandments monument removed from the state judicial building. The state agreed to pay more than 500-thousand-dollars to attorneys for the American Civil Liberties Union, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the group Americans United for Separation of Church and State. But the suit said Moore, not the state, should be responsible for the bill. Moore praised the decision, saying there was no legal basis for the suit.